Tuesday 16 July 2013

Skin

Yello my honeybears!


So, today/ tonight whatever, it's nearly midnight, I'm going to just go over the products I use for my morning and night skin care routine.

Morning routine


I have really oily, blemish prone skin (classic teen age I guess) so when I wake up, I'm super oily so when I wake up I use my Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing exfoliating wash. I originally bought it because the products were on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots but I really like it! It smells fresh and it leaves my face oil free and feeling squeaky clean. I use it every morning and night because I get really bad blemishes and a lot of blackheads.

I then use a toner. I'm yet to find a perfect toner but so far the Garnier Pure Pore Purifying toner is working well to remove any excess oil and nastiness that is lurking around on my skin. It's not too harsh on your skin, unless you accidently get it in your eyes which I've done :(, so you don't feel like someone's rubbed sandpaper over your skin and it smells so lovely, it's also really good value as Superdrug and Boots normally have offers on on their skincare.

The Clean and Clear Dual Action oil free moisturiser is so good for a morning as it makes your skin so matte so makeup doesn't just slide off your face. It's so soothing and you don't need much of it to cover your face so it's cost effective. Not that is costs much though. I'm such a cheap skate :).

Night time routine

Again, I use the Simple face wash to remove all the days grim off my face. However, a few times a week, depending on my skin, I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub to deeply clean my pore and thoroughly remove all the dead skin cells. It's quite harsh which is why it's obviously not a daily scrub but it leaves your skin glowing and baby smooth after as it removes all the dead skin, dirt and gunk off your face. You don't need much of it as it goes a long way and it smells beautifully of apricots (who would have guess from an apricot scrub).
I use my Soap and Glory Fab pore face mask once a week to reduce the size of my pore and stop the amount of blackheads/spots/general imperfections I get. You only use a grape size amount and you rub it in all over your face and neck, getting all the green beads rubbed in. You can either have it on for 5 or 15 minutes. I use it for 15 minutes as I normally relax in the bath with it on. It's lovely, you can feel your pore tightening and getting smaller. It's a little pricey but it does go a long way.
I then use the Garnier toner or the Boots Tea tree and Witch Hazel toner. This toner generally does the same thing as the Garnier one but it isn't as affective at removing oil and grease from your skin, it does help with spots though and, if you're strapped for cash, it is a cheaper alternative to major brands.
I do, however, use the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night gel which is used to reduce blemishes. It's very cooling and soothing so if you do use strong, alcoholic cleansers/toners then this might help to sooth your skin a bit. I can't guarantee that it helps reduce spot size though as I use spot creams and sticks.
The spot cream I use is Clearasil 4 hour cream. It, thankfully, isn't one of those alcoholic gel ones that takes the top layer of your skin off instead of just fighting the spots. Instead, this has a creamy texture that doesn't dry out your skin or irritate. It does get to work very quickly and I swear by it for my face. I get spots on my back though so I use Boots Tea tree and Witch Hazel blemish stick. This way it doesn't spread loads of bacteria over my face and cause more spots. It's a bit drying but not by much.
There's not much more that I can say about my skincare routine so I'll leave it at that but you can get it alllllll from Boots! Cheap as chip y'all.

Thanks for reading.

Toodles!
X

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9896123/?claim=azw3ey855rv">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post!Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xoxo
    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've followed both you lovely ladies :)
    Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete