Friday 19 July 2013

Fake tanning it

Yello my honeybears!

So, I ordered some fake tan and tanning paraphernalia (good word, right?) from Feel Unique. Unfortunately, people don't leave as many reviews as say the Superdrug or Boots websites so I kinda had to wing it on how good/effective some of the stuff was going to be.

I ordered my normal fake tan which is the cheap and cheerful St Moriz in Medium. It leaves you looking seriously dark with the top layer but after washing it off then it makes you look lovely. I use the mousse because I find it far easier to rub in than the spray and it's very light on the skin but it can bobble if you have any other product on your skin and it leaves horrible marks like this.





 I can't correct this without bronzer because the tan just won't lie on it :(

 I also ordered a new fake tan mitt because I managed to overuse mine so much that the glove no longer protected my hands from the tan, it just sank through and left me with orange mitts. Anyway, I found this Garnier Ambre Solaire 2 step self tan kit which is an exfoliating glove and an applicator  mitt. I had already exfoliated so the glove wasn't of use to me this time but I decided to give the mitt a spin. I must say: Not impressed. You can't rub the tan in in circular motions which is what St Moriz advise and I always do to get a streak free tan, instead they say 'massage into skin with gentle sweeping motions' I am now patchy as fuck and hating life. Thankfully, the areas that seem the most patchy aren't going to be on show. I'm sure I'll get used to it as some point or I'll go back to one of the cheap, pharmacy tan mitts which stop you looking like streaky bacon.

My most exciting purchase was a Self Tan Back Application by Velvotan. Another failure in my eyes. As the pads don't cover the entire ends of the paddle, I scrapped a large amount of my tan off with the sharp sides. The surface area of the pads is really small so it takes forever and you get too much of the product on the one area so it's darker than everywhere else. You always don't get the desired streak free finish because the small pads don't allow you to 1) rub in the product properly 2) get the product in the correct place 3) leaves you with massive white patches because you can't rub it in properly with the applicator so you end up looking a bit like a zebra or a piece of streaky bacon.

I have said streaky so many times in this post....streaky.

All in all, this wasn't a particularly successful online shop.

I am going out tomorrow so I'll give you a little run through of my possible outfits, final outfit, accessories and makeup.

Toodles!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment