Thursday 25 September 2014

Harley Quinn

Hello guys and dolls!

So, Halloween is fast approaching and I've been thinking and planning this look for a little while now and I've finally got round to actually doing it!

It's really difficult being a blondie at Halloween because, obviously, everything is supposed to be gothic and spooky which really work when you have lighter hair and there's only so many times you can see a dead nurse/school girl/other generic sexy/scary costume before you get bored.
After a bit of looking on Google and Youtube, I eventually found Harley Quinn and I fell in love with the idea of recreating her in my way.

I'll list all the products I used at the end but it's a pretty simple look to recreate and I think it's super dramatic.

I started with the hair. Harley Quinn has high pigtails with two small sections of free flowing hair. I sectioned my hair into 4 main parts: the 2 large sections for the pigtails and 2 strands for the free flowing.


I used a back combing brush to add a bit of volume and texture to the roots of the hair.
 I then put the hair into 2 high pigtails, placed just above ear level and towards the back of the head. I couldn't get a good picture of where they were so this is what it looked like from the front.
 Using my normal routine, I applied my makeup. However, I've had a MASSIVE breakout so to take away some of the red, I used a green concealer (which is a lot less noticeable on this picture) after my foundation. 
 I then applied a 'transparent' powder over my entire face to make it as pale as possible because Harley Quinn is very pale.
 I used a black eye shadow all over the lid and a glittery silver in the crease. I then blended the colours with a soft definer brush up towards my brow bone and out to give it a winged look.
 I then applied a white eyeshadow under my eyebrows to make the black more dramatic and clean up any dark eyeshadow that that strayed too far.
 I added black eyeliner to my water line and liquid eyeliner to my upper lashline. Using the same black eyeshadow, I used a precise shader brush and lined under my lower lashes. 

I decided that I wasn't happy with the entire eye look being so black so using a crease brush, I added a dark purple to the outer edges of the eyeshadow. It was only a tiny amount but it goes a long way and adds an extra dimension to the look.
 I added off with lots and lots and lots of mascara! I don't do falsies. I suck at putting them on and end up getting angry and smudging my makeup.
 To finish, I used a black eyeliner to line my lips and applied a lovely purple lipstick before blending with a lip brush. Harley Quinn normally has red lips but I really wanted to use the purple for a more gothic look. 
 Sorry that my hair's pulled forward. I looked bald when I tried to take selfie with it back. My arms covered of it :(

OH! Before I forget, the brushes that I've referred to e.g. soft definer, precise shader etc. are from a ZOEVA make up brush collection that I won a few months ago in case anyone is confused about what I'm on about. I'll do a quicky post and go through them all soon.

 FACE:

Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hours in 010 Light Porcelain

Concealer: Benefit Boi-ing in 1
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory
The concealer palette was from eBay but it seems that the company is no longer up running. There are tonnes just like it though.

Eyebrows: E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Light (it comes with instruction hence why I haven't babied you with the deets).

EYES:


Eyeshadow: Fraulein 38 180 Palette. This is also from eBay but I think you can find them on the tinterweb if you have a rummage. The shades used as circled in the pictures below.

Eyeliner: Liquid - Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner in 001 Black
Kolh - Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Black

Mascara: Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara with Argan Oil in Black
Max Factor False Lash Effect in Black
L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Waterproof in Black


LIPS:


Liner: Max Factor Kohl Eye Pencil in 020 Black

Lipstick: Dolce and Gabana Classic Cream Lipstick in 330 Purple Pearl


What are you planning on doing/going as for Halloween?
Are you a spooky or a sexy kinda person?

Thanks for reading. To keep up to date or have a nosey, follow me on Twitter or Instagram.

Toodles!
X

P.S. I actually took this picture at work. My job is so awesome sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment