Thursday 10 July 2014

Lemme Just Say...

Hello my sweethearts!

So, I've been seeing a lot of things floating around on the TV, on social media and I've even read an article on it. Fat Shaming. If I'm honest, it's not just fat shaming, it's Skinny Shaming, it's just people shaming.

And LET ME JUST SAY, this is NOT OK!!!

When did it become OK for people to look at others and make them feel bad about themselves because they've got a fat ass or flat chest, they've got wobbly bits or they can't keep weight on. When did it become such a crime to look different? Not even different, just average. When did it become such a despicable thing to carry a bit of weight or not be able to keep weight on?

I'm a bit girl. My BMI says I'm overweight. I spent years, I mean years, hating my body, hiding it, abusing it because I was told I was ugly, disgusting, no boy would want you.

I believed them and you know what I did. I cut myself to make me feel better. I starved myself. When I was 15, I used to surprise on chewing gum, cigarettes and a meal a day. I was miserable and I attempted to kill myself when I was 16 because my appearance bothered other people so much, they had to bring me down.

I have a boyfriend, have done for the past 2 years. He doesn't care that I'm chubby. He doesn't even see it. He loves me for who I am, for my child like fascination for Disney, my sleep talking, my love for animals.

People who look past your appearance are the ones you need in your life.

EMBRACE YOUR WOBBLY BITS! EMBRACE YOUR SHAPE!

Be yourself! Love yourself!

Don't change because someone says they don't like who you are. If you want to change, change for you. and, Dear God, DO NOT CHANGE FOR A PARTNER! 


There are so many people out there that are beautiful with their 'imperfections'.


My inspirations are, and probably always will be, Beyonce and Shakira. I bow down to the work those women put into their careers, family and themselves. They don't listen to the negative comments from the media, they just brush it off and carry on.
















Be like Beyonce; brush it off, hold your head up and carry on.













You're fabulous.












What do y'all like most about yourself? Or what are your experience of 'people shaming'?
I'd love to hear from all of you :)





Toodles!
X



No comments:

Post a Comment